ANANDA COLLEGE, DEVAKOTTAI
WOMEN’S FORUM & GRIEVENCE COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE AGAINST WOMEN’S HARASSMENT
STUDENT CENTERED PROGRAMMES:
- First Activity of this Women’s Forum cell jointly with Committee against women’s harassment brought our girls students into Idhaya college for a program of “Emphasising the Empowerment of Girls ” on 22.07.2022. Chief Guest of that function was Dr. Jayanthasree Balakrishnan on the topic of “ahJkhdts; 8.0”. Above 130 girls students participated in this program. They got inspired about her speech. Aim of that program was Keeping in view the growing imbalance in the man-woman ratio, we have to emphasize focusing on celebrating and welcoming girl child. To get rid of vicious social customs of dowry system responsible for killing of girl child, the status of women shall have to be enhanced
- Second Activity of this Women’s Forum cell was to celebrate breast feeding week (WBW) on 05.08.2022. It is a global celebration that occurs every year from the 1st to the 7th of August in more than 120 countries. It aims to highlight the huge benefits that breastfeeding can bring to the health and welfare of babies and benefits to maternal health, focusing on good nutrition, poverty reduction, and food security. World breastfeeding week has the dual goal of improving the health of babies and promoting, protecting, and supporting the rights of women to breastfeed anywhere and at any time. The team took the students around our college to visit the mother who are feeding their infants to emphasize theimportance of breast feeding.
- Third Activity of this Women’s Forum cell was to celebrate Women’s equality Day on 26.08.2022 in C7 hall at 2.30 pm. The Women’s Equality Day is celebrated in honor of the moment when Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby made the declaration public guaranteeing American women the right to vote under the nation’s constitution. The significance of this day is celebrated to acknowledge and appreciate women and to progress towards achieving gender equality, given equal rights to vote, got several opportunities to fight for their rights in every sector of the socio-economic system. For the sake of this programme, Ms. Akshayavarshini from III CS delivered a speech about the aim and significance of this programme.
- Fourth Activity of this Women’s Forum cell was to celebrate Nutritional Week (1-7 days of September every year). Hence we the committee organized a competition for the students on the title of “Fireless Cooking” on 7-9-2022 inB.Com (CA) wing at 1.30 to 3.30 pm. The event not only provided a platform for the students to foster their creativity and decision making skills but also helped them explore their hidden talents and discover new areas of interest. The judgment was given by based on the nutritional foods. 34 teams from various departments participated and won their prizes.
- The Fifth Activity of this cell was celebrated National Women’s Day on 13.2.2023. It was a birth anniversary of Dr. Sarojini Naidu. The significance of this program is to induce the empowerment of the women. The Resource person of that program was Ms. A. Veerakanmani, Assistant Professor of Business Administration spoke out the women empowerment like protection of women, the need of women’s education. The audience were encouraged by her speech.
- The Sixth Activity of this Women’s Forum cell was celebration of International women’s day. It was conducted on 08.03.2023 in wiederkehr open auditorim. This function starts with welcome dance. The Chief Guest of this function was 1. Dr. R. Ramachandran, advocate, Madras high court-Madurai Bench, 2. Mrs. R. Selvarani, member of Vigilance Committee & Member of rural development. Both their speech very admired by the students. Prize winners of fireless cooking competitions were honoured by memento.
- The seventh activity of this Women’s Forum cell participated in Rally for the sake of International Women’s Day organized by Kaveri Medical centre, Karaikudi and Women’s Studies Department of Algappa University, Karaikudi on 08.03.2023.
ACTIVITIES OF WOMEN’S FORUM AND GRIEVENCE COMMITTEE & COMMITTEE AGAINST WOMEN HARASSMENT FOR THE YEAR 2022-2023
Emphaising the Empowerment of Girls“YAADHUMAANAVAL 8.0”
IdhayaCollegefor Women,Sarugani, Rotary Club of Virudhunagar& Rotary Clun of Devakottai
World Breast Feeding Day
Around Our College
Committee members and the students
Women’s Equality Day
1. Dr. J. Edwin Micheal, MD (paed), Chief Medical Officer, Govt Hospital, Thiruvadanai
2. Mr. Siva
Fitness Instructor, Nutrionist, MAXX Fitness Centre, Devakottai
3. Mr.J. livi, Chef, LiviCakes, Kalayarkovil, Sivaganga
4. Mrs. Megala, Editor, SolanamInternational Journal
Alagappa University, Distance Education.
Ms. A .VeeraKanmani, Asst Prof of Business Administration, Ananda College, Devakottai
international womes’s day
wiederkehr open auditorium
1. Dr. R. Ramachandran, Advocate, Madras High Court-Madurai bench
2. Mrs. R. Selvarani,
member of vigilance committee, member of Rural Development
rally for international women’s day
(five lamps to new bustand)
kaveri medical centre&algappa university
30 students from our college participated
The committee conducted 6 meeting for this academic year and discussed to conduct the activities of the year.
AIM OF THE MEETING
Planned to conduct breastfeeding day
Discussed about therules to be followed by the girls students. Some important policies are frame doubt by the committee members
Discussed about the dress code of the teaching staffs.
Purpose of thatmeeting was toconduct Nationalwomen’sday
LIBRARY I FLOOR
Purpose of that meeting was to conduct International Women’s day
LIBRARY I FLOOR
Discussed with program schedule of International Women’s Day